Many cultures have swaddled their babies for centuries. When settling your newborn I always recommend swaddling, especially if your baby is over-tired or over-stimulated. Before you swaddle your baby take her somewhere quiet, have a cuddle until she calms, swaddle her securely and she will immediately relax in your arms.
- When you swaddle your newborn allow your baby’s legs and feet to move freely.
- Swaddling helps your baby to relax when sleeping.
- Your baby will feel safe and secure when swaddled.
- Swaddling can help to promote extended quality sleep.
- Natural materials such as Muslin and 100% cotton are perfect for swaddling your baby.
- Swaddling can help to eliminate any stress or anxiety your baby may have experienced at birth.
- Swaddling helps to prevent your baby scratching her face.
- Typically, you would swaddle your baby for the first 12 weeks before moving to a sleeping bag.