We should all know by now that staying at home in order to stop the spread of Covid-19 virus and reduce the load on our wonderful NHS service is absolutely vital, but it can be very difficult should you run into problems with baby routines and keeping them stimulated.
It’s important to remain positive and keep your family safe during this period of lockdown and we understand that many parents and their babies are struggling with isolation and missing the daily contact with family and friends.
Here are some of the Baby Academy’s top tips for staying at home safe with your little one(s):
- Keep in touch with your loved ones during lockdown by utilising apps such as FaceTime, Skype and Zoom. We can’t stress enough how staying connected will benefit the whole family and video calling is the next best thing to meeting in person.
- To protect your mental and physical wellbeing, try to get out in the garden with your baby or take a short walk around the local area. This will allow you both to get some fresh air and clear your mind.
- This is the perfect opportunity to concentrate on getting your baby’s routine back on track. If you baby has fallen out of a routine and has difficulty sleeping, now is the time to work on this. Of course, if you need any help or advice on setting a baby sleep routine, you can reach us via our Contact page.
- Organise lots of structured play zones in your home. Lots of playtime will stimulate your baby’s development.
- Give your baby some fun time in their bouncy chair (or similar). They are portable which should allow you the freedom to take a shower or grab a snack knowing that they are safe.
- The play gym gives your baby the perfect opportunity for visual stimulation together with touch, sound, texture and that all important tummy time for head and neck development.
- Remember, structure and routine to your day is just as important for you as it is for your baby! Stay at home and stay safe.
Self-Isolation Special Offer
During this period of self-isolation and social distancing we appreciate the importance and strength required to look after our families and keep each other safe. For those parents who may be struggling with severe sleep deprivation or simply have a question relating baby routines, we want to help. Here at the Baby Academy we are here to listen and offer advice to get you and your baby back on track.
We are offering a FREE 15 minute baby sleep consultation to answer your questions and offer advice and support.
If you have a question and your baby is less than 12 months old please get in touch via our Contact page and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
We are also offering a 20% discount on our Baby SOS Bronze Package until 1 July. See our Baby SOS page for package details.